Sunday, 28 October 2012

'No beauty is attractive without zest'

So I'm currently reading (well, casually flicking) through Christian Dior's iconic  'The Little Dictonary Of Fashion', and my favourite reference has to be to Zest on the final page. According to Dior,
 'anything you do, work or pleasure, you have to do it with zest.'
 How right he was! I am the most laid back person in the world-to the point of irration sometimes-but if you want to succeed or do anything well its impossible without putting that extra effort in: that 'zest' if you will. 
In every aspect of life those with 'zest' are achieving more-celebrities, scholars, bloggers, those in retail or customer service-the ones doing the best are striving to be original and the best they can be. As cheesey as it sounds, I find this v.motivating...my future is going to be 'zesty' if it kills me!*


Cara Delevingne-QUEEN OF ZEST 2012

Can you guys think of any other people recently who just seem to ooze 'it' (even in a 'couldn't-care-less' way like Miss Delevingne)?

Molly X

*NOTE: I am fully aware that I sound like I'm nattering on about becoming a lemon throughout this post, apologies for any confusion...

16 comments:

  1. Oh Cara Delevigne is such a stunner. I've recently become obsessed with Charlotte Free, (mostly because I not-so-secretly wish I had pink hair like her, aha) She has a really laidback / quirky attitude and amazing style to boot

    Hope you have a fab week lovely!
    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahhh yes I adore Charlotte Free...laidback cool to the extreme! Have you seen her in this months ASOS mag? She looks incredible! Xx

      Delete
  2. What an interesting point about zest! Christian Dior is head on about it.
    Just saw you have a new blog, excited to see more in the future xx

    a thousand million words

    ReplyDelete
  3. Zest is awesome! Cara is beautiful! I love Mila Kunis she always seems sooo casual and yet so gorgeous, Daisy Lowe also :)

    Sarah
    http://fashionismyh2o.blogspot.co.uk/
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah yes Mila Kunis is the height of 'zest' haha, she is just impossible not to like! Xx

      Delete
  4. Christian spoke such words of wisdom and *sigh* Cara is so flawless much like Alexa Chung and Keira Knightley.. There's definitely room for a 'when life gives you lemons' comment here that I'm just not picking up on :') Lovely blog by the way!

    //teandtwosugars.blogspot.com xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Deff wise words to live by! Cara is so brill I just love her and I agree with the above comment about Mila. Ashton Kutcher better be nicer to her than he was to poor Demi! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey Molly! Just seen your comment on my blog about doing Fashion Promotion and Communication next year at Trent! My course is pretty much the same but more bsuinssy based where FCP is more arty. I would defintiely recommend it, Nottingham Trent is the best place for fashion outside of London! I love it, couldnt recommend it highly enough! If you want any more information drop me an email! toptotty101@hotmail.com :) xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thanks so much for this-Notts Trent is my first choice and the courses look amazing!! So glad you love it! Xx

      Delete
  7. This is great!

    -liv
    http://chocolivlovelaugh.blogspot.kr

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cara Delevigne is so amazing, love this post x

    themaibug.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the word zest, I'm totally with you!
    and I'm so excited to see you back in the blogging world again, keep motivated!!
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  10. molly is back with a bang! i loveee those oxblood shoes in your last post, need them in my life! haha aww molly, i wanna be zesty too! cara delevigne is absolutely everywhere at the minute! but tbh i love ash stymest, always full of zest plus i want him in my bed hahaha. looking forward to seeing your outfits lovely! xxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Defs seeing the Ash Stymest zestyness!;) Xx

      Delete
  11. great photos!
    www.thestyleshedblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. I defo agree with this, you always remember those people with 'zest' as they stand out more!
    Saadiya x

    www.thatgirlsaadiya.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete